Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Look at me (Read 5928 times)
jims78^2
AltusRacing Newbies

AltusRacing

Look at me
02/25/07 at 10:51:04

Hello from Afghanistan...thought I would do a little self promotion since the only cars I get to work on are the ones for the shop...the picture is of a cave entrance about half a mile from Mullah Omar's (former leader of Afghanistan...you know...half blind Taliban dude)...old compound...which we now own...thanks to the internet I've been able to buy a set of heads and I'm working on getting a victor jr. for my Nova...the plan is to put the 400 I bought just before I left into the car....the combo will be a set of Dart heads, a solid lift cam, victor intake, 750dp, and 4.10 gears...if that doesn't get into the 12s at our high altitude I'm going to bottle it until the rods come out...or the number is on the board...

I've enjoyed checking in from time to time to see what you all are working on...my track opens two weeks after I get back...I'll take the car out with the 350 that's in it now...then do the swap...

IMGP0017.JPG (52 KB | )
IMGP0017.JPG

IP Logged

Bowties4me

Chevy Speed

Altus
Re: Look at me
Reply #1 - 02/25/07 at 12:39:19

Hey! It's great to hear from you again. Sounds like a good combo for your nova. Doesn't sound like 12's will be tough at all ! When will you be back stateside? Monte

IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #2 - 02/25/07 at 19:33:21

Very cool picture!

Glad to hear from you. Sounds like your nova should run pretty well. Monte has a 78 for sale. You should message him about that one!   Grin

Been pretty quiet around here, I am just waiting to get my car back from paint.

Be safe!

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

A442DUDE

Chevy Speed

Reply #3 - 02/26/07 at 09:32:20

ANYONE TELL YOU THAT YOU LOOK LIKE RAY CHARLES IN THAT PIC LOL

IP Logged

jims78^2
AltusRacing Newbies

AltusRacing

Reply #4 - 03/03/07 at 09:36:50

Monte needs to post a pic of that 78....Steve....you're just jealous of my huge arms that I've been working on...I didn't think this had posted since I kept getting errors...

Change in subject...as the 20 year high school reunion is approaching I'm looking for info on a couple of cars / trucks...

Greg Walker's pickup....where did it end up?

That Chevelle that Steve Hall stated a decade ago...does he still have that thing???

Pretty safe here...I went through the gate that was hit this past Tuesday on Monday....we went out to pick up some cars...how ironic would that have been....

Later

IP Logged

Bowties4me

Chevy Speed

Altus
Reply #5 - 03/03/07 at 20:29:39

Jimmy, I am supposed to have the 78 sold this next week. If it doesn't sell I will post some pics. I don't remember who ended up with Walker's truck. As for Steve's Chevelle it is still collecting dust! we've all been prodding him to finish it with no luck. He still has the Buick drag car and the convertible he bought from Steve D. and is in the process of repainting it. He is trying to have it done for the cruise I believe.  Does anyone remember what happened to Walker's truck? I seem to recall someone else driving it.

IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #6 - 03/03/07 at 21:40:26

It was sold to someone in hobart last I saw it. I wish I knew where it was. I would buy it sight unseen.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

bandit
AltusRacing Newbies

Chevy Speed

S.W. Oklahoma
Reply #7 - 03/04/07 at 10:26:53

It was in the Altus burn-out contest a couple of years ago. As far as the Chevelle still collecting some parts. I was going to start on it this winter but started on the conv. instead.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print