Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Transmission Work (Read 5498 times)
Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Transmission Work
02/27/07 at 20:15:42

Who do you guys use for transmission work? I had richard rebuild my transmission and he did a great job. Since then I got a TCI transbrake. It doesn't look like he will have time to get to it before I need it. So I was thinking I might have to take it to someone esle for the brake install. It hasn't had ANY fluid put in it since richard rebuilt it. But does need to be disasembled to drill a few holes.

Who do you guys recommend?

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Hamp

AltusRacing

Altus, OK
Re: Transmission Work
Reply #1 - 02/27/07 at 21:43:31

If you are daring enough, you should be able to do it yourself. I have never had any problems with TCI parts coming with enough instructions and pictures to get the job done.
Hamp

Hamp hampton_cj  
IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #2 - 02/28/07 at 08:20:35

Only problem is you have to disasemble the whole transmission to drill holes in a couple of the parts. It's not just a valve body swap. I am still hoping richard will have time to do it. But trying to figure out what to do if he can't get to it.

Thanks for your input!

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Hamp

AltusRacing

Altus, OK
Reply #3 - 02/28/07 at 13:43:13

Sorry Chris,

I forgot to offer to loan you snap ring plyers and manuals so that you could get into it yourself. That was my fault. Have you checked with Jasper down at Rowlands? He may be the one to see. I know that he has helped me find parts before that you just can't get at a regular parts store all the time. He has always shot me a fair deal on them also.

Hamp

Hamp hampton_cj  
IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #4 - 02/28/07 at 19:04:07

I can get around in one pretty well, and one of these I might actually learn to do it right.   Grin  But on this TH-400 I want to make sure I don't mess it up.
I was hoping for a race transmission person. I have had rowlands build 5 or 6 for me in the past and they always have been perfect. But my tranny is setup a little weird.

Thanks for the advice!

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #5 - 03/01/07 at 07:01:42

I just use Wilson up in Moore for all serious transmission work. I have used some different local guys for street and strip trans and had very good luck with them. You might see if you can find Roger from Olustee, he is very good on trans. I dont know his last name, but you can call Jim or Albert at 62 and they might know how to find him. He comes out there from time to time.

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #6 - 03/01/07 at 17:10:58

Thanks greg, I called larry Wilson (Wilson Racing Automatics) at 10:00 this morning. At 1:30 this afternoon I was looking at my tranny already taken apart on his bench.

He said to tell you hi and thanks.

Thanks for all the info guys!

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print