Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Altusracing? what a joke!!!!!!! (Read 13106 times)
Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Altusracing? what a joke!!!!!!!
03/10/07 at 10:10:08

Grin. This needs to be changed to Altusracingwannabe's web site or Altusshowcarcentral. Any talk of racing is like turning on the lights in a cockroach infested room, your hear allot of talk while its dark, but turn on the lights, they run and scatter.  Cry

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Re: Altusracing? what a joke!!!!!!!
Reply #1 - 03/10/07 at 10:17:23

I would be glad to race anything you have once mine is running. Just at the track. I thought you had to borrow a car to race anyway.

I am not as cool as the street racing guys I guess. Sorry.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #2 - 03/10/07 at 11:01:29

I have a car, I also race someone elses car. I always thought that drive shaft took your nuts out, never heard of you racing anything after that. I always heard you were a good country racer, I never saw it though.

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #3 - 03/10/07 at 11:41:56

I think I probably still am. I just had other priorities for the last 12 years. I only built my car like that to run a 6.90 since people said I couldn't. Didn't build it to make too many passes. I got tired of the crap talking, retired and got a life. Now I am finally at the point I can spend a little money on it. Do it right where it doesn't break every pass. 6.60 ay 60mph I wasn't near fast enough to scare me. Just didn't have anything else to prove. I have grown up now and understand there is no need to race in the country. Even though I had some of my best times ever out there. My wife and Son are WAY more important to me.

Either way I don't want to make anyone mad. I was the only one I called a wus since I won't race in the country anymore. But trust me, this time my car will be made to run more than one pass.

I may even make a full pass this time!  Grin

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #4 - 03/10/07 at 11:45:23

I am sure a lot of people thought I was affraid of it after that pass. I really never thought I needed to defend myself about it though. I had raced everyone and anyone that ever asked. They would know me better than that. Life is all about priorities. The fun thing is I have time for a couple new ones.   Grin

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

jims78^2
AltusRacing Newbies

AltusRacing

Reply #5 - 03/10/07 at 12:14:21

Cow lot road looks a lot narrower with my late 30s something eyes as apposed to my late teenage eyes...

IP Logged

Bowties4me

Chevy Speed

Altus
Reply #6 - 03/10/07 at 14:30:15

Greg, I am one who likes to get along with everybody and doesn't like to talk shit to anybody! The last time I looked it was called AltusRacing/Chevyspeed.com not AltusSTREETracing or AltusCOWLOTracing orI'vegotmyheadupmyassanddon'tcareaboutmeormycar.com. Chris started this forum to allow everybody to hang out. It's theme is pretty broad and there is a category for most anybody. I appreciate him for doing it.  Nowadays it is alot harder to go out and find another car if you tear one up out of stuoidity! In the good ole days you cold buy a pretty decent car for 1500.00 or less. Try that today! Call me what you want I don't care. If I am joke because I want to be around to take care of my family and do not really like the thought of tearing my car up so be it. I don't live my life worrying about someone else who gets off stirring shit up all the time! My car is nothing compared to all your  'friends' cars that are comin to town, but it is what I have and I'm proud of it.  As far as Chris losing his nuts- he was as fierce and fearless at cowlot as anyone else and would race anyone at the drop of a hat regardless if he knew he was goin to get beat or not. I think you you are a helluva sharp guy @ building something fast and obviously you can line up and put anyone on the trailer or send them back to town with their tails between their legs. But remember this TALK IS CHEAP and I've been hearing about what you are building for awhile and haven't seen any evidence of it yet! Maybe if you would get off your ass and away fom the computer and go to work on your car we might get to see it!

IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #7 - 03/10/07 at 21:41:20

Well Well Well, got things going now. I love it. Read my posts, did I EVER EVER say anything about street racing, cowlot racing in any of my posts!!!! Not one time was either mentioned. Race tracks are open after the cruise arnt they? I havnt street raced in years, havnt even made a pass in the country in years. All of my racing has been at the track. My paycheck comes from my drivers license, I cant take a chance on loosing it. I like bracket racing, I do fairly good at it. Just because I dont put pictures of me wiping my a$$ next my car or crap like that doesnt mean it isnt running or I havnt been working on it. I do need to get it tagged before I drive it on the street, but that isnt important to me. It is running, I am working on small detail items, but it can be at the track anytime. I dont have nitrous on it, probably wont have it on it. As for the guys with cars that were thinking of coming to town, they have late model cars with air cond, etc. with nitrous, one has some kind of front wheel drive car with a turbo, but they are 7-8 second cars in the 1/8th mile at the very best. I am not interested in running them, but there may be someone out there that might be. I do stand by my post about Chris, he hasnt raced since the drive shaft broke. I always heard he raced allot out there, who hasnt. The trash talking is almost as much fun as racing itself. No one is racing, might as well talk trash.  Cool

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #8 - 03/10/07 at 21:58:40

Actualy I haven't raced much since then. I did make some 11 second passes in jeff's chevelle after I retired my car. I made them at noble. I have never been the best bracket racer but do have a trophy from faxon for winning the pro class. But I am nowhere as good as the bracket racing guys on here. I love street racing and miss street racing but will not do it again. I just want my car done to go run on days at the strip when all my friends are going. I have been beaten by 5 or 6 people at cowlot and can say I am still friends with all of them and still respect most of them.  Grin Win or lose I shook their hand and smiled.

I try never to start crap or even chime in. You guys can defend yourselves. But when everyone was questioned it did piss me off. Everyone is on here for different reasons. I want my car to look nice and be pretty quick. If it's slower than it should be I will keep working on it. I really miss racing but not the crap talking.

Once it is done and anyone wants to line up with me, let's do it. Then we can see if I am affraid. But please remember if I win or lose I will not talk crap and will shake your hand.

If you want to say I am affraid of my car, I do not care. I think everyone that knows the full story knows better.

Maybe in a few months I can bust off some 6.20's or so and knock the rust off.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #9 - 03/10/07 at 22:22:03

I think Chris's mom and dad had alot to do with Chris retiring (I know they aren't really happy about the thought of him going again) and if I'm not mistaken that is also about the time Chris started working on his promotion @ work.  Oh and Greg if I still have my car when the track opens let me know when you want to go I'll drag mine up there and make a pass next to you if you want.

ssmaliburob1980 or robztrux  
IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #10 - 03/10/07 at 22:30:49

I once wonder if Chris might have been scared of running after that but I did something one day since I now Chris pretty well I asked him about it( of course I harassed him abit to just wouldnt be me if I didn't) and chris told me that wasn't it at all. once he said that I know it had to be true as I never known him to not be straight up with any one oh and Monte you also talk alot of crap to me( of course that in self defense to Smiley

ssmaliburob1980 or robztrux  
IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #11 - 03/10/07 at 22:38:04

My mom didn't have anything to do with it.   Grin  Real life was the reason!  hehe, I met my wife a month or so before that pass so my priorities changed.

But you are right, she never liked it. hehe

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Bowties4me

Chevy Speed

Altus
Reply #12 - 03/10/07 at 23:38:56

I've always thought trashtalking was for people who were trying to prove something. I sure don't see anything fun about it. I get on here and rag on Rob and some other guys from time ot time. Alot of times they're inside jokes that we probably should leave off here so other people don't get the wrong idea. But among us we know it's all in fun. I don't see the fun in gettin on here and talkin crap about this forum. If anyone thinks it's a joke or whatever they can get the hell off of it! Start your own forum. I'd rather just get along with everybody and appreciate their cars and what they're trying to accomplish. If everybody's car in town is faster than mine -oh well. If I happen to be so fortunate as to out run them sometime I'll be humble. Even though I'm not very experienced at racing I think it is a helluva lot more fun- it's real. Talk is just talk until you race. Then it becomes reality. Wow that sounds kinda philosophical! Ooh ooh one more -Any fool can complain, criticize and condemn- and most do!

IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #13 - 03/11/07 at 07:53:09

Dayum Fellows. How many times do I have to say it, dont take anything I say on here serious, it is never meant to be that way. If for one second I actually thought Chris was scared of his car, I wouldnt have put that on here. I knew Chris street raced allot, but I was in Mangum, doing my thing. I was at Lawton the day the drive shaft broke. When I heard he was going to the track, I loaded up my Malibu with the intention of racing him. Chris was loaded up and gone when I got there, someone told me he broke a driveshaft. I never built a car to prove anything or talk trash to prove anything. I talk trash for fun. I enjoy building and driving fast cars. As a side note, I am not even sure I would know Chris if he walked up to me right now. I used to see his car at United, but I dont know if we have actually ever met face to face. Now that the weather is nice, I will working at the shop on weekends, if we dont go racing. If you see my pick up there, stop in. I know there is more to life than racing. Not one time did I ever say racing is more important than everything else. This whole thread was started with toungue in cheek humor, not as an insult or to put anyone down.

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #14 - 03/11/07 at 11:17:12

Funny story.... After I had fixed my driveshaft (maybe 3 or 4 weeks later) I towed my car to about 3 miles outside of mangum and drove it in from there with the intentions of finding you to race. I hung out downtown with a couple friends I knew from mangum. The next day I asked timmy or someone and you had gone to lawton to race that night.   Grin

I actually raced some black pickup that night. I think I put 30 on him. We raced out by some red barn. That's the only race in mangum I ever had. Then I drove it out of town like I drove it there. Then trailered it.  Grin That was actually my last ever street race in my nova.

I have no idea why we have never raced. I am sure it would have been some great racing.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print