Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
AltusRacing and Chevyspeed Stickers (Read 15046 times)
Hamp

AltusRacing

Altus, OK
Re: AltusRacing and Chevyspeed Stickers
Reply #15 - 03/28/07 at 21:27:22

Well, I can say for my part at least that what I said was all in jest. I have nothing against a Ford. I have even owned one before. I just always go back to Chevys because I am more comfortable in one. I learned to drive on a GM pick up and that is what feels right to me. I would also own a Mustang or even a '57 T-Bird if I could get my hands on one. Of course I definately wouldn't turn up my nose to a '69 Camaro or an '86 Buick Grand National either.

Hamp

Hamp hampton_cj  
IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #16 - 03/28/07 at 21:28:37

Floyd I told you I put one on your car for you. Chris do you think we could get one big enough to cover the back window of his Ranchero? Just messing with you Floyd. I have owned several Fords thunderbirds/cougar several mustangs and even a few old ford trucks as a myatter of fact I had a 73 pickup and a 79 that I sure wouldnt mind having back.

ssmaliburob1980 or robztrux  
IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #17 - 03/28/07 at 21:30:58

I am just happy he wants one once we get the new logo.    Grin

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #18 - 03/28/07 at 21:40:55

Hey Hamp its funny you mention grand national I've got a guy in okc wanting to trade me one for my jeep its an 87 though. I may have to get Jack to go to okc with me and check it out.

IP Logged

Hamp

AltusRacing

Altus, OK
Reply #19 - 03/28/07 at 21:47:51

The '87's were cool cars also. I remember my dad working for Frank Smart at the Olds-Buick Place when those came out. I was Junior High age at the time. The first time I ever saw that car and what that turbo charged V-6 could do, I was hooked. Maybe after I get my master's degree done I can start to look for one of my own. Does anybody remember the impact that little car made on the drag racing world back then. I saw one go down the track on TV and it wooped up on a pro-stock at the time. I was wandering if that one had the V-6 turbo package also like I had heard rumored at the time?

Hamp

Hamp hampton_cj  
IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #20 - 03/28/07 at 21:54:40

well this has a 51mm turbo 50lb injectors and a small stall init he said it runs mid 11's in the quarter. I pretty consernd about the driveabilty of it as I drive the jeep every day.

IP Logged

Hamp

AltusRacing

Altus, OK
Reply #21 - 03/28/07 at 22:03:16

An 11 second car is a bit much for a daily driver I agree. But since most of the power would come from the turbo, it may not be quite that bad if you could restrain yourself from tickling the butterfies with your foot. I and realize that is hard to do with all the punk kids with GT Mustangs that think they can drive. You just feel like showing them exactly what they can't do when when you pull up to a real cocky one.

Hamp hampton_cj  
IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #22 - 03/28/07 at 22:04:50

yea I totally agree

IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Reply #23 - 03/29/07 at 02:53:43

i used to drive a ford  Cry  lol i think ill stick with da chebys' even tho one of my all time "DREAM" cars is in fact a '67 shelby yeah yeah the one off of gone in 60 seconds...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print