Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Saturday night drags (Read 9384 times)
Bowties4me

Chevy Speed

Altus
Saturday night drags
05/20/07 at 14:33:22

Chris and I took the Nova to Lawton last night. Went a 7.77 off the trailer then went a .74 the next pass. Started having some plug wire problems after that. I was hoping for a low .60 pass and still think it's there.  I gotta spark plug wire boot to close to a header. I guess I shoulda dimpled it before having them coated. A fellow told us last night that someone makes  a short plug. I looked when I got home and all I've found so far is an Accel brand but didn't see any for the earlier style plug. My heads are the old  461 heads that take the larger spark plug. If anyone out there has any info it would be greatly appreciated!

P.S.   I guess some of us have it and some don't!!  Chris made a pass in my car last night-first time on the strip in about ten years. He stages and rips off a .506 light!! I almost made him walk home!!  Just kiddin' Thanks Chris for going with me I had a blast!!

Monte
« Last Edit: 05/20/07 at 19:28:17 by Chris Smith »  

IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Re: Saturday night drags
Reply #1 - 05/20/07 at 19:27:42

no problem at all! I had a blast. Thanks for letting me make a pass also! That really got me pumped up to try to get mine finished faster.

Chris

PS I think you had the plug wire problem before you made that first pass. I am still betting on a 50 or so.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

84silverado

Altus, Ok.
Reply #2 - 05/20/07 at 19:32:12

man i wish i could have gone, let me guess is it #6 thats the one that gives me problems lol...  i should be ready to go first weekend in june...   how did that shift lite work out?

IP Logged

Bowties4me

Chevy Speed

Altus
Reply #3 - 05/20/07 at 20:36:06

It's the no. 5 plug. The shift light worked good!

IP Logged

streetisez

Chevy Speed

Reply #4 - 05/20/07 at 22:43:15

GOOD JOB MONTE . I BET IT WILL RUN IN THE 50'S AFTER YOU FIX IT . I WILL HAVE TO SEE THAT TIME SLIP CHRIS . AMD WILL YOU DRIVE A FORD ? THAT WAS A GOOD LIGHT .

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #5 - 05/20/07 at 22:57:58

haha, thanks!

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #6 - 05/21/07 at 13:16:04

Hey Chris dont you have a trophy from the long ago for cutting perfect lights alnight or something along those lines?

ssmaliburob1980 or robztrux  
IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #7 - 05/21/07 at 13:22:20

yeah, but that was a long time ago at faxon.

After that pass I am sure ready to go again. Man I need to hurry and finish my car. I have another install at work in a couple weeks and then a month and a half were I will be in town. Hopefully I will already have made a few passes by then.   Grin

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

robztrux
Global Moderator

Chevy Speed

Altus,OK
Reply #8 - 05/21/07 at 16:05:08

if you would just concentrate on the brake line and the wiring the rest will be a snap

ssmaliburob1980 or robztrux  
IP Logged

Bowties4me

Chevy Speed

Altus
Reply #9 - 05/21/07 at 20:05:48

I've  always found that the dreadin' it is the hardest part!  I think that as far as the brake lines are concerned Chris is waiting for the time to start and finish- not a little here and a little there. I think once he starts the wiring it will go pretty quick. Wiring is my weakest area of a car! It would take me a month to wire his car Isn't that lame!

Monte

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #10 - 05/21/07 at 21:13:21

I have just been flat wore out the last month from work. I need to button up the top end of the motor. then I can start from the back and work my way forward. It will start going pretty fast in a day or so. Hopefully actually get stuff done. I am looking forward to the wiring and actually a little on the brake lines as well. I just want to get everything else in place first. Wiring and brakes will be last. I think the only thing I have been dreading is the nitrous fogger port holes in the intake. But I did almost get the porting of the intake done so my next step will be drilling and tapping the holes. I am also still deciding wether to mount 4 of my gauges in the factory dash or mount them on the lower roll bar.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Bowties4me

Chevy Speed

Altus
Reply #11 - 05/21/07 at 21:59:50

Sure has come a long way already. I'd say you have done quite a bit already. It took me well over a year to get mine back on the street after gettin it out of the paint shop! I'd get burned out and have to walk away for awhile. I personally think you don't need to sleep - why can't you work all night till it's done?? HeHe  No really I think it's going to be all worthwhile before too long!

Monte

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #12 - 05/21/07 at 22:23:47

Thanks! Since I didn't get it done for the cruise I am in no hurry other than, I am READY to make a pass in it!  Grin

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #13 - 06/09/07 at 02:17:55

Thanks again Monte for letting me make another pass in your car tonight!

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Bowties4me

Chevy Speed

Altus
Reply #14 - 06/09/07 at 22:56:52

No problem. It's good to see someone who knows what he's doing drive my car! Thanks  to you guys for going with me!
Monte

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print