Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
well its been pretty dead here lately (Read 21479 times)
zfver

AltusRacing

Altus
well its been pretty dead here lately
06/12/07 at 23:51:13

Im sure this has been asked before but who has the fastest street car around here? like thats still on the road today.

IP Logged

M@

AltusRacing

A-Town
Re: well its been pretty dead here lately
Reply #1 - 06/13/07 at 02:32:40

im sure jack's mustang is pretty quick, there is dewaynes torino that is hopefully alot faster this year marcha's nova hooks up pretty good so i hear, and i know a guy who has a 95 stang that i might be able to convince to bring it to town sometime, so there is a couple cars around you just gotta catch their attention, one of these days, hopefully BEFORE summer is over i will get my car out

M@
ml_rone  
IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #2 - 06/13/07 at 08:29:23

With the law the way it is, not much going on on the street. Even just driving a car with a rough idle to Sonic will get you in trouble. You get in less trouble for dealing crack then you do by driving a car or pu with loud exhaust.  By the way, the cars listed arnt even close.

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #3 - 06/13/07 at 09:46:55

This always brings us back to what a street car really is. Most of the real fast street cars you never see but I still consider them street cars. Of course In my heart I still consider mine a street car!  Grin

I think there are a couple definitions. Cars that could drive over to lawton and race I would put in as a real street car. Mine is good enough to dive around for a bit and take it to sonic. Does that count?  Grin

I am still trying to talk monte into driving his over to lawton next time! When I was younger we used to go over to lawton to street race once every 4 months or so and they would come over here ever 4 months or so. Most always drove but wouldn't be considered cars like jack's and other cars that you could drive across country.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

M@

AltusRacing

A-Town
Reply #4 - 06/13/07 at 13:07:01

this "street Car" discussion will always be a revolving never ending dispute between car guys, it just depends on what each persons opinion is on what makes a street car. now i know some of the cars i listed arent the fastes in the world but i know these guys got alot of time and pride in what they have built and win or lose they still like to get out and drive and have fun, and they for the most part arent arrogent a@$es who down everone about evrything thats is said or done and thse are the guys you will wanna find up town

M@
ml_rone  
IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #5 - 06/13/07 at 13:53:42

That's exactly how I feel also. They are a bunch of guys with fast cars that actually drive them. They are the kind of people I actually got back into this for. I remember now that my "car" friends were the best friends I ever had. If I was running 9's or 6's they didn't care. It's all about the fun and friends! And someone always has a faster car!!!   Grin I have won my share and lost my share but never had more fun!

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

zfver

AltusRacing

Altus
Reply #6 - 06/13/07 at 16:18:53

Yea everyone has different opinions on what constitutes it as a street car. My definition is taged, insured driven and raced on DOT tires and can make a 100 mile trip without issues. We had a true street event where we had to do like a 30 mile cruise couldnt add any gas or even pop the hood. Go make 3 consecutive passes and the best average won. I won that event by almost a second. It was a blast and I like doing things like that. So whats these street cars you guys talk about run??

IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #7 - 06/13/07 at 16:20:06

The start of this thread wasnt about what a street car was. The question was asked of all the cars still around today, who was the fastest. I know Rowdys Nova is a low 10 sec car with out nitrous, I think he has notrous on it now. Not sure how fast Jays Chevy II is, but I dont think any of the cars listed could come close to it. Brians 55 is a mid 6 1/8 mile car, should put it in the 10.30-40 range fairly easy. Steve Halls Buick is a mid 10 sec car. I dont think any of the cars listed in the previous post are anywhere near as fast as these cars. That isnt an insult to them, it is what it is, out out of all the cars still around who has the fastest street car.

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #8 - 06/13/07 at 16:32:42

Good point.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

zfver

AltusRacing

Altus
Reply #9 - 06/13/07 at 16:48:02

Gitdowns79 wrote on 06/13/07 at 16:20:06:
The start of this thread wasnt about what a street car was. The question was asked of all the cars still around today, who was the fastest. I know Rowdys Nova is a low 10 sec car with out nitrous, I think he has notrous on it now. Not sure how fast Jays Chevy II is, but I dont think any of the cars listed could come close to it. Brians 55 is a mid 6 1/8 mile car, should put it in the 10.30-40 range fairly easy. Steve Halls Buick is a mid 10 sec car. I dont think any of the cars listed in the previous post are anywhere near as fast as these cars. That isnt an insult to them, it is what it is, out out of all the cars still around who has the fastest street car.

All these cars are fully streetable?

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #10 - 06/13/07 at 17:56:40

Some more than others but they have all been on the street. They are not daily drivers. But are VERY fast.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

zfver

AltusRacing

Altus
Reply #11 - 06/13/07 at 19:01:36

What about imports? I really havent seen many of those running around. But of course I havent been out on the weekends cause I keep running down to Tx every freakin weekend.

IP Logged

Chris Smith

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Reply #12 - 06/13/07 at 20:11:48

There was actually a 3000 when Monte and I went to the track last weekend. It is from Altus. Seemed to have a problem out of the hole but screamed once it got going.

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Hamp

AltusRacing

Altus, OK
Reply #13 - 06/13/07 at 23:19:17

It seems that the problem with imports is that even though they have good horsepower (usually through the power adder) they hardly ever seem to have the torque to get off the line. After that, a lot of them have to have the rev meter screaming to run good. Or at least that has been the problem with a lot I have seen at the tracks. If you drive down town and see the import scene, it appears to be a bunch of high school kids with sharp looking cars and loud exhaust but no guts. Heck, half of them have more oil smoke out the tail pipe than anything.

Hamp

Hamp hampton_cj  
IP Logged

Bowties4me

Chevy Speed

Altus
Reply #14 - 06/13/07 at 23:56:22

Nothing like a touchy subject to liven the forum up HUH! In trying to be fair to everybody let me say that this is a question that could be debated until the end of time! We can all classify a street car as whatever we want to and never really answer this question.  I'm an old timer I guess. Nothing does it for me like a V-8 with a lopey idle, a loose convertor and dumped exhaust! But I'll be the first to admit when it comes to driveability and performance some of the imports  are hard to beat. They really aren't my scene though. I also don't think it's for me to knock what somebody else is doing. Some of our older cars are pretty quick but not really all that comfy at times especially for a long haul. I don't care to be able to drive my Nova on the interstate at 70 mph. Saying all that I think if it is tagged and driven on the street it qualifies! So...bring on the imports!!

Monte

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print