Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SMP (Read 3604 times)
Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

SMP
04/07/08 at 12:09:10

I hate to say anything bad about SMP, I like they guys that run in very well. But I have never seen such a bad turn out for a race in my life. I know its tough on them over there, but payout based on number of cars is a terrible way to get cars to the track. Especially if you dont have at least a minimum payout. I want to support the track, but cant afford to go race over there. We won the Dialing for Dollars and won S/P. I got $50 for Dialing for Dollars, and got $126 for winning S/P. When I get my Malibu done, I will go do some Test n Tune, but cant go back to run S/P with that kind of payout. There were 5 cars entered in S/P. Not much more than that in No/E.

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Cindy Young
Global Moderator

AltusRacing

Re: SMP
Reply #1 - 04/07/08 at 20:31:30

CONGRATS GREG ON YOUR WINS I MUST SAY THE PAY OUT SUCKS. I'M SURE YOU SPENT THAT MUCH MONEY AND EVEN MORE TO GET TO LAWTON. WE WILL BE RACING AT WICHITA FALLS THIS WEEKEND ALSO. I REALLY DON'T CARE FOR THE TRACK BUT YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO. SOONER WILL NOT MAKE IT WITH THE HIGH ENTRY FEES. (UNBELIEVABLE). THERE WHERE ALOT OF TEST AND TUNES BUT NO RACERS.FLOYD SAID THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENTS I GUESS ALL THAT WORK PAYED OFF. THE CAR RAN A 6.65,6.64,6.65 WE WHERE VERY SURPRISED. I GUESS YOU CAN SAY THAT IS CONSISTENT. BRETT DO A GOOD JOB ALSO HE HAD SOME REALLY GOOD LIGHTS JUST GOING TO TAKE A LITTLE PRACTICE. SAMMY DIDN'T RACE THIS WEEKEND BUT HE WENT TO THE CDRA RACE LAST WEEK AND HE WENT OUT THIRD ROUND. I'M SORRY BUT THE PICTURES DIDN'T TURN OUT SO MAYBE NEXT WEEK I'LL HAVE SOME GOOD ONES. AGAIN GOOD JOB GREG.

CINDY

IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Re: SMP
Reply #2 - 04/08/08 at 07:21:12

We had a change of plans for this weekend. Abilene is running a $2000 to win in S/P and $1000 to win No/E race. They say the new owners at Abilene really have done a great job getting the track in shape and making racers feel welcome. Jinebel was going to be working Sat, but now they changed her to be off, so we will have time to run down there and race. I saw those 3 runs by Floyd, car was on a tear, great ET and consistant. Will try to some pics from downt there also.

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print