Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SMP Sat the 17th (Read 8301 times)
Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

SMP Sat the 17th
05/19/08 at 07:54:40

Cindy, did you all make it to the races Sat? How many S/P cars were there?

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Cindy Young
Global Moderator

AltusRacing

Re: SMP Sat the 17th
Reply #1 - 05/19/08 at 10:13:53

greg there was i think 19 or 20 n/e cars. i think there was 10 super pro cars. very sad when he spent all that money and did what everybody wanted and no one shows. oh well i guess thats life. there where two are three dragsters there though so maybe they can get the word out track is very smooth no bumps.

cindy

IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #2 - 05/19/08 at 11:36:20

It is sad. Its a bussiness and in bussiness you have to spend money to make money. In order to go race there it would have to pay more than WRP and be a guaranteed purse. I cant justify going there to race when I live 10 minutes from WRP. It doesnt cost Jim any more money to tow to WRP than it would to to to SMP. Bottom line is they are trying to keep their pay outs low, when they need to try and pay more than other tracks to get the cars coming out. I never had a problem with the track itself.

IP Logged

Cindy Young
Global Moderator

AltusRacing

Reply #3 - 05/19/08 at 12:25:11

OK GREG HOPE I DONT' PISS YOU OFF BUT I DISAGREE WITH YOU TOTALLY. IF YOU GO TO SOONER MOTORPLEX WEBSITE YOU WILL SEE PAYOUT JUST THE SAME AS WRP. WHY SHOULD TERRY HAVE TO PAY OUT MORE THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SINCE TO ME. ALSO YOU WHERE THE ONE ON HOTROD SHACK SAYING YOU WHERE GOING TO RACE AT SOONER BUT WANTED TO KNOW WHO WAS GOING TO RACE THIS WEEKEND. GREG YOU CAN RACE WHERE EVER YOU WANT TO BUT I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR THOUGTHS. LIKE YOU SAID ITS A BUSINESS YOU HAVE TO SPEND MONEY DONT YOU THINK TERRY HAS DONE MORE THAN ENOUGH I WOULD SAY SO. WRP IS A GOOD TRACK BUT SO IS SOONER WE WILL SUPPORT WRP WHEN SOONER IS NOT RACING. I THINK YOU NEED TO TRY OUT THE TRACK FIRST YOU MIGHT JUST REALLY LIKE IT.GREG DON'T BE ONE OF THOSE THAT COMPLAIN ALL THE TIME LIKE FLOYD. HEY ALSO CHECK OUT ARDMORE WEBSITE PAYOUTS.

CINDY

IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #4 - 05/19/08 at 14:26:53

I asked for a roll call on HotRodShack to see if any S/P cars were going there this past Sat night. I also posted that we were going to take the week off from racing. I have always said that if Sooner had a guaranteed payout I would race there. WRP doesnt have a guaranteed payout if less than 13 cars. If they dont have 13 cars, I am back home in 10 minutes, maybe thinking about going out for a Steak Dinner. For me to drive to SMP, I need a guaranteed purse.
If it was up to me, I would race at Abilene every week. $1000 to win, or Denton, $1500 to win, no minimum car counts at either of those tracks.
I liked SMP before they ground the track, that was never an issue for me. I never felt the bumps or any surface problems that everyone else talked about.
As for Ardmore, I wouldnt drive around the block if it was that close to take a dump there. That is the worst track I have ever seen in my life.
I feel I have done a good job supporting SMP. Out of the last 5 times I have been there, excluding TnT sessions. We didnt get to race twice, not enopugh cars, was put in with No/E cars once, again not enough S/P cars, we broke once, there still wasnt enough cars to have a race. We won the last time and got a heafty $126 for the win.
I would like to see SMP get the car count up. And the fact is, it would have to pay more for me to drive past WRP to go race at SMP.
And one more thing Cindy, you couldnt piss me off no mater how hard you try. You and Floyd are among some of my favorite poeple I know.  

P.S. If they could guarantee to have a full purse every week they run, I would race there every other week. I dont want to favor one track over the other. I just dont want to drive up there not to get to race or another $126 win at the very best

IP Logged

Cindy Young
Global Moderator

AltusRacing

Reply #5 - 05/19/08 at 15:09:18

GREG WICHITA FALLS AND ARDMORE HAVE A GUARANTEE UP TO 13 CARS SAME AS SOONER. STILL DONT GET YOUR GUARANTEE PAYOUT WHEN ITS THE EXACT SAME AS THE OTHER TWO TRACKS.

CINDY

IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #6 - 05/19/08 at 16:20:29

Guaranteed payout will pay the winner the same, no matter how many cars show up. Abilene pays $1000 to win in S/P, 1 car or 32 cars, after that it goes up to $1200. Denton pays $1500, 1 car or 55 cars, after that it goes up. Kennedale pays $1200 no matter how many cars. Lubbock is guaranteed payout. That is guaranteed purse. If I show up at SMP, there is no guarantee that I will get to run for anything. If SMP would put a guaranteed purse of $550, the same as WRP pays if there is 13 cars, I would be there to race. I live 10 minutes from SMP, if they dont have the cars, I go back home. I dont have to drive 2-3 hours up there and back, not knowing if I am going to get to race or not.

IP Logged

Cindy Young
Global Moderator

AltusRacing

Reply #7 - 05/19/08 at 17:59:27

greg if you go to www.soonermotorplex.com click on payouts the payout for 13 cars $500.00 for super pro.

cindy

IP Logged

Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Reply #8 - 05/20/08 at 07:06:49

I have. There has to be 13 cars for there to be a race, so far they havnt had 13 cars in S/P this year that I know of. If I was the only car to show up at Denton, Abilene, Lubbock or Kennedale, they would pay me for the win. They have a guaranteed purse. If I was the only car to show up at Sooner, I would have spent hours driving, $100 in fuel, then get sent home with nothing. WRP has the same payout, it is 10 minutes from where I live. I get there and there isnt a race, I havnt spent money on fuel or spent half the day getting there. If I went to WRP and there wasnt 13 cars, I would be looking for somewhere else to go the next week, probably Abilene, I know they will be racing, even if there is less than 13 cars.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print