Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Check out the new WebChat   Click Here !
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Kirk Wilmes (Read 7485 times)
Gitdowns79

Chevy Speed

Kirk Wilmes
11/24/08 at 16:01:18

I'm not into blown pro mod type racing, but I know Kirk has been doing very good at this year. He just won a big race this last weekend in Las Vegas. It was the Pacific Street Car Assoc. race. I know there were 54 car trying to get into 32 car field. Here is an excerpt from a story on Drag Racing News.
Wilmes qualified No. 2 in a marathon 32-car field by defeating Allen Bessant, Randy Walker, Tim Henry and John Mihovetz to reach the finals against Vinny Demieri.  
Congrats to Kirk and all of his crew for doing a great job all season at different races all over the country.

No Guts,,,,,,,,,,No Nuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No Glory!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Chris Smith
Altus Racing Administrator

Chevy Speed

Altus, OK
Re: Kirk Wilmes
Reply #1 - 11/24/08 at 18:18:19

That is awesome!

I did see a nice post from him a few weeks ago about him renting the track here in tulsa and he was asking if anyone wanted to test their car to come on down.

Congrats!

Chris

The Administrator.
IP Logged

M@

AltusRacing

A-Town
Re: Kirk Wilmes
Reply #2 - 12/10/08 at 15:31:56

These guys are hot right now (Kirk, Adam, Copus) after Vegas they came home went over the car the next weekend then headed to Houston.... Here is the write up on it.

Going into the Clash Of The Titans World Finals last weekend at Houston Raceway Park, Kirk Wilmes was sitting in the #2 slot in points in the Pro Outlaw class. With 625 points to Robert Naumann’s 1000 points, Kirk would have to qualify number 1 as well as win the race to be able to take the championship.

However when Naumann didn’t show, and Kirk qualified in the 2nd position, things were starting to get interesting in the points chase. The final round brought some excitement as Moran took the hole shot with a .012 while Kirk’s 6.13 couldn’t get around Moran’s 6.15. Once the dust settled however, Kirk may have runner up at the end of the day, but he also took home the championship.

The KW Motorsports team thanks the following companies for their support: Wilmes Auto Group, Louis Boyd Racing Engines, G-Force Race Cars Inc, DMPE Inc, Cynergy Composites, and Scott Jahren Paint

M@
ml_rone  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print